Unified Communications (UC) solutions enable an employee’s desk phone, mobile phone, video conferencing, SMS and more, to be synched on one system. This means having your business information whenever you need it, no matter where you are or how you’re accessing it.
What does UC in the workplace look like?
Here are a few ways UC shows up in the workplace:
- Having the same app for text, voice-calling and video-conferencing on your mobile device, tablet or computer.
- Never missing a message or call because there’s only one platform to reach you on
- Receiving texts on your computer
- Receiving phone calls on your computer
- Receiving a phone call to the same number on your mobile, desktop, or tablet.
- Missing a video chat because you’ve stepped away from your desk and picking it up on your mobile
- Getting an email notification with a written transcript of a phone message
- Having all your coworkers on the same system
Real-world advantages of UC
With today’s remote workforce, UC platforms can have employees all communicating seamlessly with voice, chat, and conferencing. It’s a similar experience to all being in the same building. It’s the ultimate distance-closer.
Who uses UC solutions?
- Teams with more than five people
- Customer service agents
- Call centers
How is UC different?
On a VoIP application such as Skype, you can video chat from multiple devices using your Skype account. With a UC solution such as Bria, you can do the same from your unique phone number. With Bria, you also have the ability to call regular phone numbers from a click-to-call system.
CounterPath UC Solutions
The communication options for your business are vast, and we’re here to help you make sense of them. Our softphone solutions are listed below:
- Bria Solo – As a high-quality softphone, Bria Solo offers an easy and inexpensive way for individuals to take VoIP calls with them on any device. Includes a Free option with limited features, similar to X-Lite. Bria Solo will allow you to use these credentials on up to three different devices
- Bria Teams – Bria Teams as a streamlined communication solution that provides all the key features you’d look for in a team collaboration tool. You can securely message team members, create groups for collaboration on projects and topics and strike up a voice or video call at any time. The call quality on Bria Teams is managed through 'Voice-over-Internet Protocol' (VoIP).
- Bria Enterprise – Bria Enterprise provides desktop and mobile softphone applications that facilitate best-in-class calling and robust call control features. Whether used for inbound or outbound calls, Bria Enterprise makes it easy to integrate contacts from various sources, streamline communications, and manage calls from one easy-to-use interface. Bria Enterprise also offers a number of cloud-based services such as corporate directory, presence, messaging, screen sharing and video-conferencing / collaboration to complement the core VoIP service.