Unified Communications (UC) solutions enable an employee’s desk phone, mobile phone, video conferencing, SMS and more, to be synched on one system. This means having your business information whenever you need it, no matter where you are or how you’re accessing it.Internet of Things (IoT) and UC are closely intertwined.
UC in the workplace:
- Having the same app for text, voice-calling and video-conferencing on your mobile device, tablet or computer.
- Never missing a message or call because there’s only one platform to reach you on
- Receiving texts on your computer
- Receiving phone calls on your computer
- Receiving a phone call to the same number on your mobile, desktop, or tablet.
- Missing a video chat because you’ve stepped away from your desk and picking it up on your mobile
- Getting an email notification with a written transcript of a phone message
- Having all your coworkers on the same system
Real-world advantages of UC
With today’s remote workforce, UC platforms can have employees all communicating seamlessly with voice, chat, and conferencing. It’s a similar experience to all being in the same building. It’s the ultimate distance-closer.
Who uses UC solutions?
- Teams with more than five people
- Customer service agents
- Call centers
Call centers heavily utilize UC solutions.
How UC is different
On a VoIP application such as Skype, you can video chat from multiple devices using your Skype account. With a UC solution such as Bria, you can do the same from your unique phone number. With Bria, you also have the ability to call regular phones from a click-to-call system.
Our UC Solutions
The communication options for your business are vast, and we’re here to help you make sense of them. Our softphone solutions are listed below:
- Bria 5 – our most popular softphone system
- X-Lite – for personal use, a non-commercial, free softphone
- Stretto – our provisioning server, with management tools for larger organizations