UCaaS (Unified Communications as a Service) made some huge strides with a substantial amount of evolution over the last year. From driving full business communications value chain to overcoming the limits of geographic isolation, we witnessed some big shifts in UC last year. However, the biggest one came from the end users of UC – the workers themselves. UCaaS not only empowered remote working capabilities, but it also offered versatility at its core by facilitating a collaborative BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) environment for workers.
As the curtain draws on 2018, it’s interesting to imagine where the UC industry may head next. While the demand for frictionless and meaningful end-to-end communications experience continues to grow, how about some quick 2019 industry predictions from one of the market leaders in UCaaS technology? Check out these top 10 one-liner trends summed up by Todd Carothers, EVP of Sales, Marketing & Product at CounterPath, that might emerge in the communications marketplace in 2019:
- Open source will feel the pressure of hosted solutions. With the advancement in capabilities and dropping prices, Open Source will be a less popular path to save money in the SME markets.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) will continue to be a talking point for UC with solutions getting their stride in late year.
- Collaboration will continue to be the battle ground for applications, leaving many to fade away as the category looks to establish a common capability across the core and advanced features of UC.
- Integrations will become more key to enable a seamless, yet ad-hoc solution offering to meet the specific requirements of customers, making the solution morph into the business workflow.
- UCaaS companies will consolidate as stronger solution providers and will prevail to take on the large incumbents.
- While solution integrations will come together, the E2E (end-to-end) user experience will become more disparate. This will generate requirement gaps within the business workflow as whole solution vendors would want to own the client.
- Newer UC and Collab focused hosted providers will take on the initial, established distributors (8x8, RingCentral) with more nimble and superb offerings that leverage AI and IoT with Communications.
- Analytics will cultivate and help provide better services that drive usage. They will also tie-in AI to enable everything from better customer service to helping sales professionals place calls at the most opportune times.
- Threaded Communication will become more developed making communication more effective and directly related to contextual projects.
- Headsets, devices and UC/Collaboration services will become more unified creating a single platform to support mobile and nomadic use cases with the best equitable capabilities.
Oscar Wilde once remarked, "To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect." By preparing for the unstoppable Unified Communication and Collaboration wave, IT leaders can ensure that they provide their customers with powerful, differentiating tools that transform the way they do business.
Want to reshape your small business into a modern workplace in the coming year? We can help. CounterPath's Enterprise VoIP Solutions enables enterprises to securely integrate UC into their work processes, thereby boosting productivity and reachability. Learn how our corporate VoIP solutions and services for corporate telephone systems can enable your organization to boost team productivity and achieve greater communication flexibility while saving costs at the same time.
Click on the button below for more details: