Last week CounterPath announced a global distribution agreement with Arrow S3 – a division Arrow Electronics, Inc., a supply channel partner who has over 120,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers across more than 390 locations in 53 countries.
This is a big step in value added distributors (VAD) program as VADs are a key component in our overall growth as we look to expand the lucrative enterprise channel. Companies like Arrow S3 have an extensive network of large-scale clients and the ability to realize integrated communications solutions across multiple product offerings. They are helping us extend our reach by deploying channel-ready Bring-Your-Own Device (BYOD) and Enterprise Unified Communications Solutions (OTT) to a variety of industries and companies. Look for additional VADs to be announced in the near future.
But VADs are only part of our enterprise strategy, this week we attended Enterprise Connect where one of the ongoing themes was the considerable pressure that IT departments are under to save money while improving organizational efficiency. As illustrated by a recent report from Yankee indicating that 48% of all companies now say that managing voice and data costs for mobile handsets is very difficult – a problem that will only increase with enterprise tablet adoption expected to grow by almost 50% per year over the next five years (Vertic).
Not surprisingly, companies are very intrigued about how our Bria softphones and Client Configuration Server (CCS) could provide an enterprise OTT solution to meet their communication needs including:
- Reducing costs and increasing productivity
- We help businesses manage costs by reducing out-of-pocket costs (hardphones, hosted audio/video conferencing and mobile roaming). But the benefits of our solutions extend beyond the bottom line, we also significantly improve individual and organizational productivity through increased connectivity.
- Improving efficiency
- The Bria enterprise solution gives businesses a system that is easy to implement and manage so IT departments can accommodate multiple devices in the increasingly prevalent BYOD world. BYOD is easily one of the biggest hurdles facing organizations today. The remote provisioning in our CCS is a major component of our Enterprise OTT offering because it reduces stress on IT departments by minimizing communications-related support calls, simplifying the end user experience and improving efficiency by allowing for remote management all of desktop, mobile and tablet softphones.
- Replacing outdated technology
- CounterPath is improving on traditional PBX endpoints as Bria extends the PBX functionality across multiple access points such as desktops, smartphones and tablets to ensure end users stay connected independent of device or network.
- More importantly, we are also mobilizing PBXs to provide employees with access to all PBX features and functionality regardless of their location or network. This allows employees to stay connected regardless of location or network.
There are numerous other benefits with Enterprise OTT. As a white-labeled solution, it allows for a variety of customization options including re-skinning the application to reflect the company’s branding or even adjusting the provisioning so that specific system preferences and features (video, voice, etc.) can be allocated appropriately.
Ultimately, Enterprise OTT and CounterPath’s products are the best and most effective way for enterprises to adopt standards-based, cost-effective and reliable, solutions powers the voice and video calling, messaging, and presence offerings.
Learn how our corporate VoIP solutions and services for corporate telephone systems can help SMBs realize immediate benefits like increased productivity, greater communication flexibility and cost savings.